Sunday, February 3, 2013

Not So Super...

As you know, we (Indy) hosted the SuperBowl last year. If you've never been in a Host City before, the SuperBowl has never been anything more than a game on the TV, sometimes with a party to watch it and lots of food. But once you've lived in a Host City, or even more so, within a mile of the stadium and all the going-ons that lead up to a SuperBowl...

I gotta say, this year's SuperBowl lacks excitement for me. Part of it is because it's two teams I have absolutely no ties to... not by division, not by family, nothing. Shoot... there's even only two Auburn played in the game, one on each team. After last year, though, I'll never see a SuperBowl the same. And I don't think I'll get excited about one (unless my Jags are in it) for quite a few year beyond this point. After last year's experience of SuperBowl WEEK... going to see Jimmy Fallon live, all the parties and excitement, including the SuperBowl Village with its zipline, and for me, the volunteering at the NFL Experience, and even just the hype leading up to it all... nothing can compare for SuperBowl excitement for me!

Sure, I'll still watch it. But now that I know everything that happens surrounding a SuperBowl... it's so much more than just the game! I think it's even better than the game itself! It'll be hard for me to get excited about it. It'll be background noise as I do something else... unless it's a team I remotely care about, which there are only a few that I'd really care to watch.

So I guess I'll just say 'Happy SuperBowl Sunday' to everyone else out there. If you need me, I won't be preoccupied by it. But you guys might be, so I'll leave you alone to watch it.

No comments: