Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Funny Valentine

Valentine's Day. Normally, Eric and I keep things pretty low key. Our first Valentine's Day together, we found a good recipe and cooked together. It was a nice tradition to start. Lat year, we strayed a bit by ordering a full meal delivered to our door, cooked by the awesome chef from our reception. This year, though... nothing.

It's not that we didn't want to... Eric just wasn't here. He's still traveling for work and couldn't come home mid-week. We'll do something over the weekend... but nothing the day of. Instead, I went to a comedy club with a friend whose husband was also out of town, along with some of her other friends. At least that was the plan. Her husband ended up surprising her - so sweet! So he was there, too. It was a fun night, actually - nice to be able to have some fun. Aside from some horrible table service, the comics were pretty funny. All in all, a good night!

The best part of the day came at the end of the work day. Eric send me some beautiful roses since he couldn't be here in person. The poor delivery guy almost missed me - I was his last delivery of the day! But I'm glad I was there for the delivery - it completely made my Valentine's Day!

No comments: