Monday, February 25, 2013

Down for the Count

I'm happy to say I am relatively healthy and do not get sick very often. The same goes for Eric. I don't know how I come across, but I know (now) when Eric gets sick, he's done. Kaput. Out for the count. Or, as seen this past weekend, face down in the bed for as long as possible.

I felt so bad for him! He got home from FL, and as soon as I picked him up from the airport, he said he wasn't feeling very well. He thought it was just fatigue, at that point, and the fact that he hadn't eaten that much since the morning. So we got to the house, he started some laundry, and we went out to run some errands and get some food. Before dinner was even done, though, he had been hit hard by whatever it was. He felt so bad that he even crawled in the backseat of the car to try to pass out. My car's big, but still not big enough for him to get comfortable (at least not laying down). We picked up some NyQuil on the way home and he took some while still in the car. He was in bed by 9pm. Out cold.

The next day, he stayed in bed until nearly 3pm. All I could do was check on him occasionally. He didn't even remember all the times I went up to check on him. I think just being home and having someone do that much, though, was what he needed. I think whatever he had was really a combination of things. Yes, he caught some bug somewhere, but the fact that he's been running himself ragged with work didn't help matters. Essentially, he wore himself out to complete exhaustion! But eventually, he felt well enough to head back to FL. Yep... you read that right... he got back on a plane to go back to FL. With the help of lots of drugs.

Compared to Sunday, he's feeling great today! But still not nearly at 100% (so he says). I felt a tickle in my throat this morning (I was around A LOT of sick people last week - Eric being sick was the least of my concerns!), so I immediately hit Target today and picked up some Zicam. Here's hoping...

No comments: