Monday, February 6, 2012

Parties and the Big Game

I wish I could say I had tickets to tonight's game. But alas, I do not. But I did try to get out and do as much as possible otherwise. I guess that's obvious up until this blog.

On the first weekend, Eric and I went to the 'cheap' after-hours party/club that they opened up for the week call The Huddle After Hours. They gave you a taste of it on that first Friday, and then was a cover the rest of the week. Or, there was a pass you could buy to get you in he rest of the week. Eric and I looked at the schedule of DJ's and figured we'd get a pass for the week. We figured it gave us someplace to go, it wasn't in a tent, and it wasn't by invite only. Granted, that meant the likelihood of seeing someone famous there was slim - but it kept us in the action. We didn't ed up hitting it as much as we would have liked to, but we still had fun when we went - threw back a few drinks and had some great people watching, at a minimum, when we did go.

On Friday and Saturday, we hosted our own party/open house. More than anything, we just wanted to give our friends a place to call home when they were downtown. Some place they could start, have a drink or two and some food before heading downtown, and then a place to warm up on their way back. It all turned out great! We ended up getting to see a lot of people, some of which we rarely get to see, and they all had a great time, too. Plus, most of them managed to find free parking around our neighborhood - another bonus! It was also a nice way to wind down, for me, after being so busy volunteering all week (not to mention all of our other activities).

Finally, on Sunday, I had one more pair of tickets up my sleeve - tickets to the Bud Light Hotel to see the Bare Naked Ladies. So if you've never heard of this, it's crazy! Bud Light literally takes over an entire hotel, redecorates it, and hosts a bunch of concerts there. Obviously, if you stay there, it's part of your amenities. But they also give tickets away (maybe sell them, too??) We meandered over there late in the afternoon - we were both beat from the entire week. But it was worth it - one last bit of fun before all the fun packs up and leaves town.

We did just watch the game at home and I was actually thankful for that. I needed some chill time on the couch. We even managed to stay awake to see the Giants win. Personally, I wasn't rooting for either team - I just wanted a good game to watch and not have it one sided. I think we got that. So congrats to the Giants for winning Super Bowl XLVI!!

So now that it's all over, now what??

No comments: