Thursday, January 31, 2013

On the Border of Winter

I know... I know... another post about weather. I have issues with cold weather. Lots of issues.

Lately, though, it's more of an issue with drastic back and forth weather changes! When I got back on Monday from FL, it was in the 50's (raining, granted) and crept up into the 60's by Monday night and into Tuesday morning. And then a free fall happened! By Tuesday night, the weather had changed by 35 degrees, putting it in the 30's with snow on the way. Do you have any idea what these change can do on your sinuses??? I had a headache all day yesterday as the pressure changed. And now it's been off and on snow all day, the temperature continuing to fall - we're not even supposed to hit 20 for a high tomorrow!

And this isn't the first time this winter this has been the case. It's been happening almost every week this month... I was even in short sleeves one day earlier in the month, only to bust out the full length wool coats a few days later. It really sucks. I know better than to get my hopes up about it staying warm... but I just wish it would stay one way or another.

But that comes with the latitude we're at. We're right at that point, where we're too far south for the constant lake effect snowfalls and weather that comes with being in a true northern state, and too far north to get excited about an occasion 'winter day' of snow like you get from Kentucky, south. I remember when we got those few snowfalls at Auburn or when I lived in Atlanta... we got excited!! And the City closed down, which let you actually enjoy the weather. Not get out in it like it's a normal part of life (which it shouldn't be).

I just want to go back to Florida right now...

No comments: