Friday, May 2, 2008

I met Barack Obama!

I came into work this morning only to learn that Barack Obama was going to be in my building for a fundraiser and press conference. What are the odds and how could I pass up the opportunity??

So I hung out on the floor he was on (which is a floor of conference rooms) until the end. As he walked out I got to shake his hand AND get him to autograph his book (which I just happened to pick up at the airport on Wednesday to read on the plane). He is such a nice guy - just as nice in person as he comes across in all his ads and otherwise in the media. I had actually gotten that impression more so as I read his book on the plane this week, too... so it was pretty cool.

On a side note, the coworker and I that were waiting together were talking to the 'right people' who were helping with the event, so we didn't kicked off the floor. Anyway... apparently, the Secret Service had asked one girl about us - I guess we were making them nervous because we had been standing there so long. She told them who we were and that 'we were okay', and they agreed to let us stay. So I was even cleared by Secret Service. :) Okay... so not really, but it sounds cool.

I'm as giddy as a school girl right now. :)

1 comment:

Keith said...

That's awesome! Making a scene while getting man-handled by the Secret Service would have been a heck of a story too, but this one has a happier ending!