Thursday, May 22, 2008

I Know My Airports...

I was sitting on the tarmac yesterday at PBI when I started thinking about how many airports I've been to. My current job has a lot to do with that, obviously - in fact, most of them come from business trips. I kind of wish there were some international destinations, but there has only been one international flight - when I was only a few years old coming back from Germany (my birthplace - Air Force brat, for those who don't already know)

Here's my list, to date (from what I can recall). This is actually just my 'adult life', since I've been out of college and in the 'real world.' ;)

ATL - BHM - BIL - BOI - BZN - CLT* - CVG* - DEN - DTW+ - EWR* - FLL - IAH* - IND (of course) - JAX - LAX+ - LGA - MCO - MDW - MEM* - MIA - MSP - ORD* - PBI - PDX - PHX - PSC - RSW - SEA - SFO - SLC* - TPA
* Just a Connection Point - never left the airport
+ Supposed to be a connection point, but I actually left the airport for some reason or another - there's a story if you want to know

You can throw in the few additional ones I remember from childhood (MLB & MDT) and it puts me at over thirty. In the grand scheme of things, it may not be too many (considering how many airports there are in the US, let alone the world). But the fact is, probably about half of those I visit on a regular basis. I know where to find the outlets to plug my computer in, what food is where, and which just suck and should be avoided at all costs!

Yes... I spend too much time in the air. I know some people out there spend more time than I do, but considering I used to only fly once a year to go home for the holidays, I'd say it's a significant increase. :P

4 comments:

jhalsey said...

Interesting thoughts about the airports you've been in!! Made me go back and see if I could list mine. What a fun little trip down memory lane! Mine are probably half business, half personal. It also made me realize I need to go to NYC!!

Domestic
ABQ - ALB - ATL - AUS - BOS - BUF - CAE - CLT* - CVG* - DEN - DCA - DFW* - DTW - EVV - FLL - JFK* - HNL - IAD - IND - ITO - KOA - LAS - LGA* - MAF - MCO - MIA - MSY - OGG -ORD - PBI - PHL* - PHX* - PIT* - PNS - PVD - SAT - SCE - SFO

International
CDG - FRA - LIR - MLH - MUC - NCE - ORY - SJO - SJU+ - SKB - STT*

FLgirl said...

Ah... you made me realized I missed one!! :)

Wendymples said...

Ummm... this is going to be pathetic compared to the two of you!

Domestic
ALT*, DTW, GYY*+, IND, MCI, MSP*, ORD, RNO, SFO

+Helicopter refueling

International
YWG, FRA

Sam said...

7 1/2 years on tour...I don't think I could begin to list them all!!