Monday, May 26, 2008

2008 Indy 500

The 92nd running of the Indy 500!! Yesterday was a good day - no rain this year!! Erica, Danyelle and I went once again this year again had a great time. And all the Gods were on our side... the Parking Gods, the Weather Gods, the Lawn Seat Gods... we got a cheap place to park, close to the track and the perfect spot on the grass in front of the jumbo-tron. And lots of very drunk people to keep us well entertained. :) Not that it should come as a surprise to have a lot of drunk people wandering the infield... I knew a few of them and even helped a bit with my infamous jello shots. ;)

The race, itself, was a good one - a lot of real racing and a lot of cautions!! I think only 21 of the 33 cars finished the race. A lot of unexpected people were even put out of the race... Danica Patrick, Tony Kanaan... and then the few that always seem to wreck (I don't think any names need to be, nor should be, mentioned here). In the end, Scott Dixon won the race. He won the pole, so it was a rare occurrence for him to win the race, too. It was pretty cool to see him win it, actually - I think he deserved it.

After the race, the girls and I hit The Vogue's race day concert - Here Come the Mummies. They played last year, and again this year, it was a good time. But man... by the end of it, I was worn out!! The whole day caught up to me. So much, in fact, that I took a LONG nap today!

So another Indy 500 is past... which means another Memorial Day is past... which means Summer is officially here. Hopefully I can do some more 'fun' travels. :) Actually... there's no need to hope. I got some stuff planned. But I guess I can always hope for more. ;)

3 comments:

jhalsey said...

Man! I STILL have never been to race day. I was sooo wanting to go yesterday......didn't have tickets...didn't know anyone going...I guess I know that you go now! NEXT YEAR, perhaps? I listen to it every year on the radio.......*sigh*.....have to make it there soon! I've been to soo many major events, but not the one in my backyard? what is wrong with me? :)

FLgirl said...

Yeah... we always just do the general admission to the infield. It's a good time. Definitely need to go at least once. :)

Karen said...

I've never been to the race either, and I've lived here my whole life! Someday, I'll do it...just so I can say I have. Glad you had a good time!