Saturday, May 3, 2008

It's Definitely May

Today I was assured it is indeed May. Today was the Indy 500 Festival Mini Marathon (aka "the Mini"). And I was out there at 6:30 am, setting up the Gatorade at the end.

It never ceases to amaze me the thousands of people that do this every year. I, for one, am not a runner. Never have been. Though I've been told I need to at least walk The Mini one year - it's an Indy tradition! So I've been told. Maybe one year. But for now, I volunteer. There's a lot of Gatorade to be handed out to a lot of thirsty runners after that long run!

There are two other things that never cease to amaze me, as well. The first is how many "thank you"s I get!! I enjoy doing this, despite the awful morning rise it requires. The second is the amount of people who do this for some one for some cause. Perfect example is the firefighters who do the 13.1 miles in full gear. All to raise funds for charity. How cool is that?

Anyway, to all those out there that ran... Congratulations. I applaud your efforts and ability, and it's my pleasure to pass you some Gatorade. ;)

No comments: