Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Planning for Mexico

Earlier today I realized that, in one week, I'll be packing up for my trip to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico for Erica's wedding!! Then I thought, what the hell am I going to pack??

The wedding stuff is easy enough... but I've never been to an all inclusive resort. From what I'm been reading, it seems to be much like a cruise, in the fact that your supposed to dress a little more than casual for dinner and such. So I need to work on a few of those outfits. Then there's the fact that it's Mexico... which means pretty warm still this time of year. In reviewing the forecast, it's looking like mid-90's in the day and upper-70's at night. So the next question is what, besides the wedding, do we plan to do??? Eric and I have discussed a bit... there are things we know we want to do, but we're hesitant to book too much because we don't want to overbook ourselves, nor do we want to have the weather turn on us. But we'd like to do a guided hike or two, maybe some snorkeling, definitely check out the town one day...

I suppose I could go shopping to find things to wear... but I know I have anything I might need in my closet. Maybe. I think I might actually have to do something I despise doing... make a list! I hate lists... it's so... planned!! I'd much rather be spontaneous. But we are there for 5 days... there's a lot we could do in 5 days. Can't wait!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Have fun! Our honeymoon resort was all inclusive and it was the best thing! So nice not to ever have to worry about paying for anything...we just took a bunch of dollar bills for tips and that was it!