Monday, September 14, 2009

The Rest of a Great Weekend

Let's see... Where did I leave off in the last blog? Ah, yes! Post Cubs Game Trip! So much more has happened during this long weekend of mine (which officially ended tonight).

Saturday was the ‘calmest’ day of my weekends, though it was in no way dull (or calm, really!). Eric and I didn’t end up going to Penrod – I just had too much to do! I had two showers to go to (among other errands I had)!! The first shower was a bridal shower for Erica. It was relatively calm (compared to the combined bridal shower bachelorette party we had for her a few weeks back). I can’t believe her wedding is less than a month away!! Mexico, here I come! Later in the afternoon, I had a baby shower for Karen (and Baby G!). It was at an old friend’s house, who I haven’t seen in years. So it was nice to catch up with her a bit. Plus, I hadn’t seen Karen in a few months, so it was crazy to see how big she really has gotten! She has less than two weeks to go!

After the two showers, I had to go home and pack up for the rest of my long weekend. That took longer than expected, as I had a bunch of little things to do around the house, too. But I finally got it all done and headed downtown to Eric’s – I had a long day ahead of me on Sunday!

Sunday morning… I was exhausted from the weekend I had thus far… so I slept in a little. But I still got up and ran (eventually). So yes… for anyone keeping track, I’m still on track with my training! After a quick lunch, Eric and I headed to Lucas Oil Stadium for the opener – my Jaguars at the Colts!! The Jags looked better than I expected through the first half (we only stayed for the first half – that’s explained shortly). They held the Colts to a single touchdown in the first half, and even got an interception in there… IN THE ENDZONE! Unfortunately, my Jags ended up losing, 14-12. I was very bummed about that. Still am.

As I stated earlier, we had to leave at the half. Why? Because we had to drive to Chicago (yes, this is my 2nd trip to Chicago this weekend). Why? Because we were going to the U2 concert!! We got up there and checked into the Hilton Chicago just in time to walk over to Soldier Field to catch the opening act, Snow Patrol. Our seats were near the tunnel entrance, barely behind the stage, 11 rows up. Normally, this would be a bad thing. But for this show, since it’s their 360 tour and is aimed to give 360 degrees of entertainment (which it did), they weren’t bad seats. It was an awesome show!! U2 really does know how to entertain a large crowd, especially Bono! It felt surreal to me, being there… I almost felt like I was just watching a video of the show. Amazing! If you ever have a chance to see U2 live, DO IT!

After the concert, we just crashed. We were both just worn out from the day. I was worn out from the whole weekend – I was going non-stop till this point! I knew this was going to be a busy weekend, though… I did it to myself.

So this morning, we slept in (relatively) and took our time getting ready. We headed up to Wrigleyville (2nd time for me) to hit a couple of the shops – I was looking for a baby outfit for Karen and Eric was looking for something for his grandfather. This was no problem in Wrigleyville. From there, we headed over the New Buffalo, MI! It was time for some Redamak’s, one last time before they close for the season next month. That cheeseburger was so good!! I wish I could just stock up on them for the winter! We’ll be back next year!

The night was capped off by some work, unfortunately. I had to go to a board meeting in Monticello on the way home. But it was short and Eric was able to open his laptop and get some things done for his job, as well. It still made for a long drive home, though… and a late night!! But what a weekend!! Not sure if you can top a weekend like this… Cubs Game, Jaguars Game, U2, time with Eric, and time with friends. Granted, I had to take two day off to get all this in… but it was worth it!

No comments: