Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Whole Lot of...

Nothing? Rain? Drama?

Really, you could fill in the blank there - they all work. Might even be able to make up something that works. The main reason you haven't heard from me in over a week is because not much has been going on. And it did rain and/or was very dreary all last week. Which made for a depressing week. It even effected my training runs. Well... maybe I just used the weather as an excuse there. (I'm back on schedule, now) Regardless... last week was one of those weeks that is quickly forgotten because there's nothing memorable about it. But I made it through, and that's what counts!

One 'out of the ordinary' thing that did happen was a new sports league that started up with some friends. What is it, you ask? Dodgeball. Yes, dodgeball. We had our first game/set/match (whatever they're called) last Friday. It was very interesting... a bunch of 20 and 30-somethings throwing a foam ball at each other. That is probably the biggest difference from the days of elementary dodgeball (at least from my elementary days)... the ball is no longer that hard rubber ball that also doubled as a kickball on the days when the weather was nice enough to be outside. It's foam, now. It can still sting when some of those guys throw it, but it most likely won't break your nose or leave a massive welt on you.

Maybe the week to come will give me more to write about. We'll see soon enough!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Well, I joined a Kickball league with my office. We have our 3rd game tonight (but we're 0-2 already).