Thursday, May 2, 2013

Finally...

Okay... so hopefully you won't see anymore venting weather blogs from me. I think Spring has finally sprung. Permanently and for real,this time. While I know you'll miss those blogs, I won't. I really don't like complaining about weather - I just don't like cold weather! I'd rather it be super hot than cold!

The past few days have brought us temperatures in the low-to-mid-80's. While that it above average for this time of year, it's welcome, in my eyes. Sunshine and 80's is about as perfect as you can get! To me, 70's don't quite put me in a comfort zone (though that's better than anything less than 70!). I guess once a FL girl, always a FL girl. Granted, with these warmer temperatures brings more rain... but it's spring. You expect that, right??

Though I have to admit, I don't like the whole 'rain all day' weather that we get in Indiana. I always loves the afternoon storms we'd get growing up in FL. It'd cool things off and get enough moisture to keep things green. I really have come to appreciate that after a few droughts I've been though since moving to Indiana. Unfortunately, with droughts in Indiana, comes stupid-crazy heat that just sits on you. Another plus to FL (at least on the coastal areas), you have that incoming breeze about 95% of the time, even if it's minimal. So in FL, it may get hot, but it doesn't get stagnate hot as often as Indiana.

I guess we'll see what this summer brings. Hopefully, not another drought. I think as long as there isn't a drought, it'll be fine. I might post about a really hot temperature, but that'll be more because I get a kick out hitting near record temperatures. It's kind of like, "How hot can you handle?" I'm just happy if I can put away my socks for a few months.

No comments: