Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Too Cold!

WARNING!! THIS BLOG IS JUST A BUNCH OF VENTING ABOUT THE COLD WEATHER!

Yeah... so this week has been way too cold for humans to be outside. Shoot, too cold for just about any mammal! I know some people laugh at my views on what cold is, but seriously... I don't get the appeal of cold weather.

Monday started with an unexpected blanket of snow at rush hour. They said there might be scattered flurries, but it was much more than that. It was coming down pretty heavy at some points.

Yesterday was brutally cold! I'm talking wind chill factors about 10d below zero! No one should have to endure those temperatures! The high never even hit 20d!

Today wasn't much better. A little less wind, but still super cold! Though I guess is did break the 20d mark, at least.

It's not a big deal if you don't have to go out in it - I AM glad I don't have a job where I have to be outside a lot! But it's not very pleasant even going to/from the car! And it's not very fun when you have an old house that doesn't have snazzy double paned windows and insulation in the exterior walls.

I'm so looking forward to spring already. That, and maybe a few trips to FL will take my winter woes away.

No comments: