Tuesday, January 15, 2013

One Month

One month down, 199,000 miles to go. Well, close to it, anyway. I didn't quite drive Tuscany a thousand miles in this first month. And I wasn't trying to baby her or anything... just drove as I normally would drive. Though I guess there was the Christmas break in there...

So... how do I feel about my new baby after a month? Love! I'm still discovering neat features, too. And discovering the benefits of the ones I already knew about, like heated seats. I've never had leather seats, before, so I never knew how COLD they get in the winter!! Heated seats are a must, just because the leather is too cold to sit on! I also love that I never have to take the key out of my purse to unlock the doors or start the engine! Now if only I could get that feature on my front door locks - I'd never have to worry about losing my keys again!

I've about got the perpendicular parking thing down. I was comfortable driving the larger vehicle within the first week and I parallel parked during the test drive, so those items were relatively easy to adjust to. But the perpendicular parking... I think it's mainly the height different that throws me off - I can't see the cars in front of me as I pull in. Depending on the car, I may very well not see any of the hood/truck if I'm pulled in all the way. That's a hard thing to judge still.

I've been trying to take care of her as best I can during these harsh winter months. That means lots of drives through the car wash. She stays clean for the most part, except on the days when the salt spray is constant. Or dirty rain/road splatter.

So my goal, as it was with Bleu, is to make it to 200,000 miles. That means keeping her for at least a decade, which is no problem, in my mind. Especially if we get the garage built in the next year. I think keeping her out of everyday elements when you can is key. I guess only time will tell!

No comments: