Friday, June 8, 2012

Busy Season...

One of the downfalls of being in the civil engineering industry is when the busy time of the year is... which in concurrent with when it's nice outside.

Sure, we do some design in the cold months in preparation for the construction season, but more often than not, the developer or municipality seems to forget they have things they want to build until that first pre-spring warm day. And then they want it yesterday. So it's crunch time for us in order to get permits so construction can still happen this year!

So I see some busy days/weeks ahead. Days/Weeks stuck inside when I'm much rather be outside. My FL roots make me yearn to be in the sunshine, not stuck inside at a desk!

Granted, there will be those uber hot days that I'm glad I'm inside, but I still like to be in the sun. I just need to be near a body of water on those days!

Which brings up another thing... when am I going to get my beach time in this year?? I have no planned trips.... bummer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The beach is over-rated. Just dump some sand in the backyard, then go find some tarballs and doggie dudu to bury in the sand.