Friday, June 29, 2012

Bathroom Milestone

Those who follow along know that we're in the midst of a bathroom remodel. Those who know me also know why it's taking so long (which I really don't want to go into detail about). But we've reached a pretty big milestone... we set the tub!

I, for one, had no idea how much went into this. And the fact that we had to go backwards at points made it that much sweeter to reach. You don't think about it much, but a tub has to be pretty level in order for it to drain. That's harder than you'd expect in an old house! But we did it. After a lot of swearing and cursing the contractor who left us in this position, we got it done.

To get here, though, we replumbed the entire bathroom, reframed half the bathroom, and had an incident with a light fixture already installed. I never thought I'd learn how to frame, or plumb, or set a tub... a whole new world for me.

Now on to the rest of the bathroom!

No comments: