Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Happy Summer!

Today is the Summer Solstice! The longest day of the year... well, the most amount of daylight, anyway. And what better way to start it that with temperatures in the 90's and no rain in sight!

Blah!

Yep... no rain. Been nearly 2 weeks since we had ANY rain! It's dry. Things are dying. But every so often, we get a teaser front that *might* bring us rain... but it only brings us humidity instead.

wah-wah!

Today may be the first official day of summer, but it's been summer here for awhile. We had a warm winter, and we're definitely looking at a HOT summer ahead!! Hence, the reason getting my A/C fixed in my Xterra was actually on the critical list!

But summer's not all bad... there's a lot to look forward to this year! Dave Matthews concerts are this weekend. Eric and I are going to Chicago the following weekend. And weekend after that, my niece is coming to visit for a week! Yay! Then, it's my birthday (woot woot)! After that, though... I'm not sure. There's are some things that have been talked about, but keep getting shifted, cancelled, or just never come to fruition.

I have no doubt that the rest of the summer will pan out to be a fun one, though. It may be hot, but there's always a light vibe in the air that makes everything that much more fun!

No comments: