Sunday, June 24, 2012

Dave!! Back on Tour!

I so missed going to a Dave Matthews Band concert last year! I know he still did some caravan stops, but they just weren't anywhere I could get to. But he was back this year, in full force!

I went both Friday and Saturday nights, which I like to do since he never has a suplicate show. I love that he really doesn't go into a show with a set-list. You end up with some dead spots between songs, but you also end up with som great jam sessions! And being a jam band, they do have some great jam sessions!

Both nights were great, though I think I liked Saturday night a little more - there were better jam sessions! There were a lot on 'non-radio hits' played both nights, making a unfamiliar scene if you didn't listen to much Dave. Which was the case for Eric. I think he enjoyed Friday night a little more since there were a few more songs he recognized. All in all, though, I did love both. It was just great to see him in concert again!

On a side note, I did practically have to drag Eric kicking and screaming to TWO shows. One show is his limit, I think, which made me not able to fully enjoy it since he looked so bummed to be there the second night. I still had fun, but it would've been more fun to be there with someone who wanted to be there. So on that note, if anyone else out there wants to do a show with me next year, Eric would be thrilled! It'll likely be the only way I get to go both nights - I need someone to go with me at least one of the nights!

And for your listening (more so than viewing) pleasure... some classic DMB... "Satellite"...


No comments: