Wednesday, February 29, 2012

This Bugs Me

Okay... so I saw a soft news story this morning that, well... bugged me!

It talked about how since we had such a mild winter with no long, hard freeze, the bugs were coming out a little earlier this year. Eww... not good. Not that we ever really have a bug problem here, but I can say that is one of the few perks I find with winter... NO BUGS!

I never realized how refreshing that was until I lived it. Growing up in FL, there really was no off-season for bugs. There were there, in some form, all year long. Obviously, some times of the year were worse than others... but they never completely went away. Winter in IN... well, not so much as even a spider to scurry across the floor! Such a nice break!

So as much as I loved this wonderfully mild winter, I'm not looking forward to an early onset of bugs. Maybe it'll stay dry long enough to keep mosquitos at bay for awhile... they love me here, for some reason. Never used to have an issue... but now they love me.

*sigh*


At least it'll be warmer!

No comments: