Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Snowy Valentine

So with the Super Bowl over, we can now get back to our normally scheduled programming... er... life. First up... Valentine's Day!

Normally, I don't post anything special for Valentine's Day. Don't get me wrong, I'm one of those gushy saps that LOVES Valentine's Day... but I don't normally gush about it online... too much. But this year was nice, it its simple way.

It started out nightmarish for traffic this morning... I say that without actually having to go into it, thankfully... but I heard horror stories! it was one of the few 'significant' snowfalls we've had this winter... and it wasn't even two inches!! But once again, it was the timing... overnight and into morning rush hour. It's amazing how people forget how to drive so quickly. But on my end, it was pretty to look at and watch fall to the ground... my drive was the standard, easy drive up the major thoroughfare of the City... plowed and salted long before anything could happen.

So back to Valentine's Day. After an uneventful day at work, I came out to most of the snow melted and wet roads to drive home on... that's right, we were above freezing and every bit of snow that had been was melting. So I headed home to wait for our chef. What?? Oh yeah... that was the fun!! Our caterer from our wedding reception does a Valentine's Day dinner delivery, and we took advantage of it this year! Four courses, including scrumptious items like crabcakes, monkfish, and braised beef short ribs! Oh, it was so good... and it was SO easy!! He did all the prep work and delivered it all with really easy instructions on how to reheat! Made for an easy dinner in that was probably better than most restaurants we'd go to! And probably cheaper, too, for the quality of food we got!

And just like that, it was time to relax. Since we didn't have to do prep work or even cooking, there was little to clean up and we could enjoy each other's company. No driving to worry about, no mess to clean up... couldn't have asked for a better Valentine's Day. Simple and sweet.

No comments: