Sunday, March 4, 2012

Another Wedding in the Books!

I love that weddings have broken away from the tradition of being in a church. That's just not for everybody and I've been to some really cool venues because of it - places I never would've known about, otherwise. Earlier this year, it was The Historic Davenport Hotel, which was an amazing place - but when would I have ever been to Spokane? Last night, Eric and I went to another cool venue for a wedding... The Anderson Center for the Arts... also a former Carnegie Library and has maintained its historic beauty! But I never would've went to Anderson just to see it... which is interesting, because this was my second wedding in Anderson, IN, both of which were in beautiful, historic buildings!

So onto the event... it was hard not to be beautiful inside this beautiful building, but in all honesty, the simplicity of it all is really was made it a nice wedding to attend. The ceremony was simple and sweet, with Jen and Geoff reciting their own vows. And as the space doubled for the both the ceremony and the reception, all of the guests were able to sit at their table and watch the festivities unfold in the grand rotunda. It was a very "informal, formal wedding" (for lack of a better term). You never felt uncomfortable due to the high intensity of a set schedule, but the simplicity gave way to an elegant event that Eric and I both thoroughly enjoyed, even though we only knew a few others in attendance.

And just like that, the weddings for 2012 are over. I think. At least as far as I know... no one else we know is engaged, so unless there's a shotgun wedding in our future, it's at least unlikely there will be another wedding for us to go to. Not that I don't want to go to any more weddings. it's just an interesting fact occurring in this timeline we call life.

No comments: