Sunday, June 12, 2011

One Year

It has been one crazy year for Eric and I, but we made it... our one year anniversary (within an hour!).

Let's do a quick recap... got married, I moved in with him, I lost my job, put my house on the market, sold my house, I got a new job, started more renovations on our house... am I missing anything?? Oh yeah, I was within weeks of going overseas for a stint at work to what is now a nation in civil war. Awesome, huh? No stress in our lives. But if we made it through this year, we can make it through anything! At least that's what I think... no couple should have to go through so many life changing aspects in one year, I don't care how long you've been married!

We kept out celebration simple and sentimental today by recreating the day we got engaged. We started with breakfast and 'Good Morning, Mama's Cafe', where they were having a great deal for breakfast for two that included mimosas. We though that was a fun way to celebrate and fit into our little recreation pretty well, too. Afterwards, we drove over to the Indianapolis Museum of Art and walked the grounds for a bit and ultimately ended up at the Robert Indiana "Love" sculpture Eric proposed to me in front of.

It was there he surprised me again with a simple, but pretty necklace with a 'Two Heart' charm. He is so wonderful to me! I hope I give him half the happiness he give me... so to my wonderful husband, "I love you! Happy Anniversary and here's to many more!"

No comments: