Saturday, June 25, 2011

Free Weekend?

I can't remember the last time I had a free weekend. I don't even remember what one's like... seems we always have something going on! I really miss my truly free weekends.

When I say free weekend, I don't mean a 'fun' weekend, I mean a FREE weekend... free on ANY commitments. If there's things around the house to be done, you can do them WHEN YOU WANT, not at a certain time because of something else going on. If you choose to do them at all.

Don't get me wrong, most of the stuff we have going on is fun commitments (aside from the renovation stuff), but I still enjoy that true 'off' time. Some weekends, I'm more tired going into the work week than I was going into the weekend. That's just not right.

The reality is, I know I won't have a chance of a free weekend until after the master bathroom renovation is done. And even after that, I'm sure something will keep us busy - Eric has a list of 'small' home projects he wants to do. I just want a weekend of nothing... shoot, I'd settle for a DAY of nothing. I'd love to have a day in my PJ's just completely veggin' out.

*sigh*

I miss my free weekends. Sad to say I may never have one again.

No comments: