Saturday, June 4, 2011

Jillian and Dave's Wedding

Eric and I have been to three wedding in the past month! Seems crazy, but they've all be fun!

Last night was Jillian and Dave's (Moser's) wedding. This one was unique for a few reasons, first being that it was one a Friday evening. Secondly, the ceremony was at the Statehouse, which was a beautiful location for such an event. I think it's very cool that they rent out the space for things like this!

The ceremony was personalized just enough, yet kept enough tradition to know it was a wedding, even if it was in a different location. They were even able to include their dog, Cosmo, in the ceremony - it was too cute! But I can honestly say, anyone who was there had no doubt how much this couple loves each other and how excited they were to be at this point in their lives. It was truly the stereotype of the blushing bride in her beautiful dress and the nervous groom, still grasping the fact that she said "yes" when he asked her to marry him.

The reception was held at the skyline club in downtown Indy. The name speaks for itself... it's on top of a building and there's great views of the city skyline! While everyone enjoyed the views, they kept the reception simple with some good hors d'oeuvres lots of drinks... but again, kept the important traditions, like the toasts, cakes cutting, and dances. In fact it was much like the reception Eric and I have after our wedding in FL with the family - nice and simple.

All in all, it was a great evening that just seemed to fly by for us... so I can only imagine how it was for the happy couple!

So now the weddings are done for Eric and I... at least for awhile. Everyone on my side of the family is married (or still too young to get married). All of my 'local friends' are all married now. On his side, he still has some cousins, but nothing on the horizon, as well as the same deal with his friends. So I guess only time will tell when I write about a wedding again... and I have so much fun taking pictures at weddings, too!

No comments: