Friday, November 5, 2010

So. Much. Painting!

I have spent a majority of this week up at my house painting. And more painting. Essentially, I'm repainting my whole house. All in three shades of beige. How exciting!

I'm actually taking today off. Not because I want to, but really because I have stuff to do around the house here - you know, the basic stuff. Plus, it's supposed to get nasty later - maybe even icy flurries! Yuck! Why drive it that if I don't have to? So I'm staying warm and cozy at home, doing chores and such here.

Here's a quick run-down of what was done, though, just so you can appreciate my physical exhaustion. Painted the LONG wall that spans the living room and kitchen, painted the rest of the living room, painted the hallway, repainted one of the master bedroom walls (it's giving me difficulties - paint doesn't want to stick to the primer)... oh, and had new appliances delivered. Hmmm... looking at the list, it doesn't seem like a did that much. But it's more than it sounds like.

Regardless, there's more to do. Tomorrow will be another busy day of both Eric and I at the house. He'll be playing with electricity while I play with paint. The goal is to have it to a point where we can talk to the realtor again and get some feedback from her. We shall see!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, it's interesting; I always felt more welcome walking into a house with color on the walls when we were house shopping...especially when the colors are up-to-date, much as yours were. That whole blank slate thing is...boring. BTW, do I get my couch back? =)

FLgirl said...

it's not your couch - it's my couch, so no, you don't get it.

Anonymous said...

But I had it first! =P