Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Ramblings

One thing about being unemployed is you have too much time to ponder things. You think about things for no reason at all - stuff just pops in your head. Or you see something around the house that triggers memories. Sometimes it's just something you see outside (things you normally don't see if you have a 9-5 type job). Regardless, I have found myself pondering crazy things... and wanting to vent about stupid things. I've held off for awhile now, but I think I just need to get stuff out of my system at this point. So this may not be an exciting blog, but it's helping me. A little venting, and little pondering... but mostly rambling.

First off, I applaud all the stay-at-home moms out there. I don't know how you do it, but I'm impressed. I don't even have kids and I have problem prioritizing and getting everything done around the house. And so many things are so minuscule that they go unnoticed... which inturn causes your husband to question what goes on when he's at work. Now granted, I still have boxes being unpacked and with the holidays here, there's time being spent doing that, as well. But still... how do you do it??

I finally realize the point of all the stupid talk shows out there... to make you feel better about your life! You can be down in the dumps, but one episode of lie detector tests and/or DNA tests make you realize you don't have it so bad. I've just left the TV go after the news is done in the morning as I go on doing other things around the house and heard some of the 'conversations' that go on... where do they find these people?? There can't be that many stupid people out there that can't figure out who their baby's daddy is... and they test multiple guys! Sad. To tell the truth, just about all the daytime television thinks pretty lowly of people who watch TV during the day. I've found there really is no reason to have it on until primetime.

I am convinced we only have days of the week for the purpose of making schedules. I say this because if you have no schedules to make or meetings to keep, you lose track of what day it is pretty quickly. I find myself constantly questioning what day it is. Not just the date, but the actual day. And Eric doesn't help with the weird schedule he keeps.

There's still a lot of people out and about during the day. When you have a typical job, you kind of assume everyone is in an office like you and all the roads and stores are empty. No. They're not. Granted, it's not like rush hour, or the grocery store right after work... but there's a steady flow. Kind of nice to be in a non-lemming formation when driving and shopping. Perfect example... the Monday after Black Friday... NO problem with lines or crowds at ANY store that I could tell. May not have the doorbusters, but nowadays, they're not much better than a normal sale somewhere.

However, there may be less traffic, but I think the driving is worse! I hear more horns honking at one another than I ever did on the downtown connector in Atlanta. Or I-4 between Disney and downtown Orlando. And I know from personal experience that I've used my horn more in the past few months during daytime driving than I have in the entire 10 years of owning Bleu. There are idiots out there.

We, as a society, have the worst eating habits and I blame the restaurants out there with their advertising. It's getting to the point where I believe the better it tastes, the worse it is for you! I mean seriously... a chicken 'sandwich' with no bun, and instead to pieces of chicken with the condiments between them?? Triple cheese and bacon pizza?? Half price happy hour milkshakes?? Sadly, though, these places do this because this is what sells... this is how they up their sales. Because we eat it!!! I'm just as guilty as the next guy, but I got to admit, when I was getting into shape before the wedding, my trainer enlightened me to quite a bit. I've tried to change my habits significantly. If nothing else, we all need to learn portion control. Just because it's served on one plate does not mean that is one portion, people! And just because your kids want it doesn't mean you should give it to them, either!

I have more... but this is getting long and more pointless with each subject. Thank you for letting me ramble. Another disadvantage to be unemployed... you don't get to talk to too many other people. I need to get this out of my head somehow...

No comments: