Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday 2010

Right after my last blog was finished, I started my Black Friday shopping online. My goal was to avoid as much as I could at the stores on Black Friday... the novelty of waking up for it has passed for me. Besides... just about every store offers those same deal online on Thanksgiving day, so why put yourself through the chaos??

Anyway... I did get a majority of it done online. I surfed for a few things that a knew I wanted, first. That was easy. This year, being unemployed and have two mortgages to pay, I (we) have a bit more of a budget to work with then I have in the past. I'm hating that. But it's a very workable budget. I just actually have to think about what I have and what I have left... leaves no room for the fun, spontaneous buys I usually make for people.

After the initial round online, I put on my PJ's and rummaged through the newspaper ads - sometimes it's just easier to find things in print. I found a few more things and jumped back online. Before I knew it, it was 2:30am... the time some people may have actually already been heading out to some of the sales. I, instead, went to bed with about 60% of my shopping done. There were a few items I wanted to pick up in person today, but I didn't have to do the early thing.

So around 9:30am, Eric and I headed out to hit some stores. We had a quick breakfast at Panera and then went into stores with a mission. No wandering this year. We hit Target, Macy's, JCPenny, Kohl's, and Dick's... and when all was said and done, we were up to about 75% complete. Not bad for less than 24 hours of shopping.

So what's left? Well... our main focus has been gifts that need to be shipped, so we've barely scratched the surface of gift buying for Eric's side of the family. But we have ideas, at least... so it won't take much to knock it all out. Just don't want to get stressed!

No comments: