Monday, November 22, 2010

It's Not My House

Eric and I have put a lot of time, money, and effort into my house for the past month, getting it ready to go on the market. We repainted all the rooms, changed out appliances, changed out light fixtures, hauled up furniture for staging...and this is just the 'major' stuff. There were lots of minor things, too, that I won't list out here. When I look at it now, one thing comes to mind, though... this isn't my house!

We have changed so much on it, that it looks nothing like it did when I actually lived there. It looks SO much better, actually... it's sad to think I never did any of this before. For me and my enjoyment. But if you need to detach yourself from you home, just change everything about it.

Don't get me wrong... it will always be my first home (on my own). And just like when my parents sold my childhood home, I will still cry when I sell this home.

I wish I had some 'before' pictures to share... but I didn't think to take any, and though I'm sure I could dig some up, it'll take too long. But for those who've been to my house, you'll see the difference. Below are just a handful of pictures of the house that used to be my home... *sigh*

The Living Room

The Living Room from the other end (note the open floorplan to dining/kitchen)

The front of the living room (note the new foyer flooring)

Fully Upgraded Kitchen

Dining Area

Master Bedroom

Fully Upgraded Master Bath

Bedroom 2

Bedroom 3

Hall Bath

2 comments:

Karen said...

Looks great, Kara! Looks a lot different. All the hard work will pay off soon!

FLgirl said...

I hope so. Our realtor usually has houses sold in 60 days, even in this market. She's aggressive... I just hope the holidays don't kill that time frame. :P