Sunday, February 28, 2010

The House

So, with my upcoming nuptials, Eric and I will be combining households and selling/renting one of our houses. Being that his is nearly twice the size of mine (not to mention the much better location to work, etc.), mine will be going up on the auction block (not literally, of course). I bought it brand new and think I have taken pretty good care of it. But there's always room for improvement.

The first improvement started today. Tiling the master bathroom. Ultimately, we will also put a new counter top in, new light fixture, and new toilet. but today we just started the floor, and we only got as far as cutting all the tile and laying it out. So there's lots more to do.

In the meantime, I am without my master bath. And it killed my morning routine! I never realized a different bathroom can mess things up so much! It's one thing to be traveling and only have you travel HBC stuff... but I'm in my own house with all my stuff, but can't grasp the concept of the toothbrush being on a different corner of the sink or the shampoo in the other end of the shower. Crazy! Just as I get used to it, though, I'll probably move back to my bathroom. I guess I should just be thankful to have the 2nd bathroom!

No comments: