Sunday, February 7, 2010

Shopping and Football

Another productive weekend!! Well, at least on my end.

Saturday, Wendy and I went dress shopping! Wendy got her selection narrowed down last weekend. but I was just beginning! When I walked into the first place, I was totally overwhelmed! Not sure what I was expecting... in fact, didn't know WHAT to expect! But they were very nice and explained how it worked, and I was on my way. I didn't know what I liked, what would look good on me, and only had a vague idea of what my options were. But I managed to find five dresses that would help me in my quest. I figured if nothing else, I'd figure out what I liked and didn't like!

After the first place, I started gearing up for a long day. I just wasn't thrilled with any of them, so I figured I my desires were already too specific. I had done some browsing online, but later I figured out a lot of what I was looking at were last year's trends/dresses... the 2010 dresses had come out since I bookmarked a few of the things I liked! (I can't go into specifics about what I wanted/liked on here due to the risk of Eric reading about it) None the less, I had some time to 'kill' before my next actual appointment, so we made an unscheduled stop at another store. I had much better luck here. Found more dresses than I had tags to try on that I liked, so it turned out to be a worthwhile stop! Even found one like I had seen online... in my online quest, it wasn't one of my favorites, but I was blown away when I put it on. This is why you have to see things on yourself and not trust the waif models online! But we continued on - I still had another actual appointment to get to!

The last place is where Wendy *thinks* she found her dress the previous weekend. And I found even more dresses here to try on than the last place, bringing my total to at least 20 dresses, if not more! Plus, some of these I had seen online, as well, including one of my favorites online. So we spent a good two hours trying on dresses here. Some of the dresses were easy to rule out - they weren't good for a beach wedding. But then there were others... Wendy and I found ourselves comparing them to THAT dress at the other store.

So Saturday night, I narrowed it down to my top 5 to get input from my mom and sister. I tried sending picture messages for dresses, but you just can't get the right light. So I uploaded the top 5 to one of my picture websites (we took lots of pictures of ALL the dresses along the way). I spent a half-hour discussing it with my mom and another 15 minutes with my sister. The consensus was clear... the one dresses that wowed me at the second store was it!

So Sunday morning I spent waiting for the store to open - it didn't open until 1pm! I shoveled the driveway in the meantime, which had become of little icy from the previous show that I wasn't home for (because I was dress shopping!). Finally, I went to buy it. Yep... one weekend, and I found THE dress and bought it. I'm so excited! Now I just have to get it altered, which is mainly just going to be a bit of a hem and a bustle. I've got four months to get all that done. And of course, I must accessorize, including the veil and such. So, by no means is the shopping done, but this is the major portion!

After all the excitement of the dress shopping (and buying!), it was time to watch the Super Bowl... Super Bowl XLIV, Saints and Colts! Everyone in this town seemed to think it was a sure win for the Colts, but I had a feeling it would be closer than they thought it would. And I was right. I didn't expect the Saints to win by the margin they did, but then, they were a Cinderella team of sorts. So it wasn't a bad thing - they deserved it and the City of New Orleans needed it. I can only imagine what Fat Tuesday will be like this week!

No comments: