Sunday, February 21, 2010

Weekend of Wedding Planning

This was a very productive wedding in terms of wedding planning. In fact, I'm quite proud of myself, and Eric!

After a brainstorm on Friday night, deciding on what to do and when, we tackled Saturday with full steam. Well, kind of... it was a little earlier than I would've liked, but I managed to hold my own. First up, we started with creating our registries. First up, Macy's! And I quickly learned why we brainstormed on our wish list the night before... because if you don't, you could be in there forever looking at things! We spent a good hour-and-a-half in the home goods looking around. One advantage to waiting to get married... between the two of you, you have all the basics! Granted, there still quite a bit out there that would be useful... but I digress. One thing I can say to other bride-to-be's out there... Macy's takes care of you when you register! I was quite surprised!

After Macy's, we hopped across the parking lot to Target (for those in the Indy Area, we made it easy on ourselves and just went to Glendale Town Center to do this). We spent another good two hours here. Seriously... SO glad we made a list the night before! Unfortunately, since the Glendale Target isn't a SuperTarget, we'll have to add more later. But actually, we'll probably have to hit both stores more later. You can't get it all in one trip.

After getting our registries set up, it was time to go suit shopping for Eric. He had been looking already and decided he wanted to buy a nice suit he could wear again. This works well since we're doing a more casual wedding - no tuxes! So we got everything picked out and bought except for the shoes - he can do that later! I meant to take a picture of all of it together, but I forgot to before I left. So maybe I'll post it later - he's going to look sharp! None the less, another thing checked off the list!

Finally, we settled back at the house to try to finalize invitations. At least get the wording drafted and narrow down our selection. Which we did. I'll probably order them tomorrow so we have plenty of time to get them! And after that. we got everything ready to send to the videographer. Another thing checked off! Yay! And lastly, since we're getting married in FL (but still want to celebrate with our friends), we picked our date for our Indy receptions. July 31st, 2010 at 5pm!! So save the date!

On Sunday, it was to be a Bride's day! I met up with Wendy and we went to a bridal show. It was a smaller one - we got through it in less than 2 hours! but it worked well for me to get some idea for the Indy reception. We have NO clue on that yet. Well, I don't. I think Eric has a few ideas on a wish list. We'll see. That's now right in line to be planned as well!

Finally, for those out there that haven't caught wind of it, we DO have a wedding website set up. Please check it out - it's ever changing as we get our details finalized! It'll be the best place to get the latest and greatest!

No comments: