Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Reflecting on St. Patrick's Day

Ah, the annual ritual of celebrating St. Patrick's Day! For some reason, I was anticipating this year more than usual. And I didn't even have plans until the day before. But I guess the little bit of Irish blood that I do have in me was itching to get out!

After having a drink at he Claddagh (downtown) with some work friends, I headed up to Fionn MacCool's to meet the girls (Jen, Erica, and Wendy, and later, another Jenn). Got there around 5:30 or so, and it was already packed! Luckily, Jen already scored us a table for the evening... which was a good thing, cause it was a long night! There was an Irish band, some bag pipes came marching through, and of course, guys in kilts. And it wouldn't be St. Patrick's Day without plenty of drinking (except for our pregnant Jen!).

All in all, it was a good time. We dwindled down at one point, then had some other friends show up and fill the empty seats next to us for a bit before we all decided that was enough. Despite everything, I was still in bed by 11pm. It was a Tuesday night, after all... and that sounds like such a lame excuse!! But I guess I'm just not as young as I used to be. LOL

2 comments:

jhalsey said...

It was a really fun night! Glad to finally see you!

Wendymples said...

I agree! A good night out with the girls! If next year is girls only again, I think it becomes tradition and Chris will never get St. Party's with me!