Friday, March 27, 2009

Childhood Candy Cravings

I was one of those crazy kids that always had candy in school, especially junior high, when my bus stop was AT a convenience store! I knew all the candy that was out there and probably tried anything with a good amount of sugar in it. I had my favorites, as all kids do... I loved the sugar coated sugar stuff (aka, NERDS!!!), and the Reese's (still do!) and always had gum with me (the teachers loved me... oh wait - I never got caught!). But my favorite, by far, was probably Spree. Original Spree, not the chewy ones.

You used to be able to find Spree pretty easily with all the other last minute candy at the registers. Not any more. For awhile, the chewy took their place, then they all but disappeared from just about everywhere. When I do see them, I always buy a few packs. I found them in some airports and always made it a point to stop in (if I had time). Then they used to come out for some holidays in the big bags, next to the M&M's and other bagged stuff on the holiday aisles... but not all holidays. They had Spree hearts for Valentine's Day and some Spree eggs for Easter. Then I couldn't find them after awhile (mainly this year). But then I saw it... a big bag with individual small rolls of Spree and SweetTarts out for Easter. I could pass on the SweetTarts... but the Spree... no way! So I bought one bag, went through all the Spree's, put aside most of the SweetTarts, then bought another bag and did the same thing. Now I have tons of SweetTarts and no more Spree!!

So now I'm in a dilemma cause I know after Easter they will disappear again and I will, once again, have to hunt for Spree. But do I really need to go through another bag? Do my niece and nephew really need that many SweetTarts?

*sigh*

Oh well. Maybe I'll make a Target run tomorrow and decide as I stand there in the aisle. But that means going to Target (since this is the only place I've seen them). And we all know what Target does to a girl like me.

But that's a story for another day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No, your niece and nephew do not need ANY SweetTarts - they're sweet enough!

kp =)