Sunday, March 22, 2009

One of Those "Good Weekends"...

So this weekend was a good one. Nothing overly eventful, but just a combination of things made it a good one. Know what I mean?

To start off, I got home on Friday to find my siding had been replaced. Yay! During a really bad wind storm last month, some of my siding came loose, and this wasn't the first time. In fact, a 'quick' repair had been done previously and held up pretty good... until we had 70mph winds come through. So this time, I got it all replaced. Come to find out it wasn't all installed correctly to begin with - wasn't pulled as tight as it should have been. So regardless, I got new siding, installed right, with a two year workmanship warranty. So I think I'm good.

Saturday, Eric and I headed to Ikea down in Cincinnati for the day. We had a short list of things to look for, of which we only found one of. But I found other stuff I wanted, and so did he. So it was a good trip, especially since I got to have my Swedish meatballs for lunch there. Since we had no other plans, nor any reason to head straight back, we drove across the Ohio River to check out this cool little historic district in Covington, KY called Licking Riverside. To get there you have to cross this really cool historic bridge called the John A. Roebling Bridge. For some reason on the Cincinnati side of it, though, they blocked the direct access to it with this new museum of sorts, so now you have to dodge and weave to get to the bridge. Kind of sad, I think. Not sure why they'd block the access AND the view like that. Anyway...

After we were done with Cincinnati, we headed back towards Indy and detoured through Metamora, IN (nothing was open for the season yet, but it was neat to see) and then drove back on US 52, stopping in New Palestine for dinner at the Frosty Boy drive-in. It was a great day for it since the weather was so nice. Plus, it made for a great way to end our trip. We were beat after such a long day, so we just chilled out and drank some wine for the evening.

Sunday turned out to be a day of rest for me. The weather was nice and I didn't feel like doing anything. So I didn't. But it was by choice and a nice way to end a good weekend. :)

No comments: