Thursday, July 3, 2008

One week gone...

Wasn't quite sure how to title this one... one week of being unemployed has passed.

The thing is, I wasn't expecting anything this week with it being a holiday week and all. For those who've noticed my 'Tweeter Time', you've seen I've been kind of doing my own thing so far,

Not to say I haven't done anything to try to become employed, because I have. I've updated resumes, looked on Monster.com some, talked to some of my contacts, and even applied for something. But again, expectations were very low this week for any kind of feedback on any of that, let alone positive feedback! The way I've looked at it, I'm just gearing up to go full steam on Monday.

The bummer of it all is that this counts as one of my weeks of severance. I only have so many... :P Just buckling down and only getting necessities for now. It'd be nice to make it last longer than what it's meant to.

Oh well. I have plenty more to do to keep me busy, both on the job search and around the house. Just keep you fingers crossed for me. I'm trying to stay as positive as possible throughout this, which, so far, has been easy. Kind of weird to say that... but the only negative I can really say about the situation right now is the lack of income! I think there's something better out there for me, anyway... they just forced me to look for it sooner than anticipated.

No comments: