Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Buffett '08

Ah, the annual Buffett concert. What could be more... crazy? No... that's not it... surreal. That's more like it. Because this is the only even that can make even the most hardcore, serious person loosen up. Not that I know anyone like that. But come on... am I right?

This year I went with Wendy, Erica, and Danyelle (Nelly). I made my jello shots and Wendy had her jug-o-rita for the pre-concert festivities. We threw some hula hoops and a shark into the mix this year, and we were set! The sun was shining and hot, so you couldn't ask for more. Except maybe a kiddy pool to sit in because it was so humid. But other than that... We got to the parking lot with plenty of time to down margaritas and jello shot to 'prepare' for the show. We were well prepared going into the show. :)

The show was a good time, as usual. Lots of singing, more drinking, dancing around, more drinking... good stuff. :) I posted my pictures, as usual, for anyone to view and share. I also posted a video on my YouTube page of part of his encore, when he did a cover of Bruce Springsteen's Glory Days. It was something a little different. Not sure why all these artists seem to be doing covers this year... Anyways...

So another round of 'annual concerts' down in the history books. Being unemployed actually made these good ones... didn't have to worry about taking time off. A good thing. :)

1 comment:

John said...

loooove a good jimmy buffet concert! i've seen him a few times, including the first show at wrigley field. nice work on the jell-o shots!