Monday, July 28, 2008

Dave and More!

So I didn't get to this over the weekend... sorry!! I just didn't get to my computer much over the weekend. :P

Okay... first off, Dave Matthews rocked!! Personally, I liked Saturday night better than Friday night. Maybe it was the company, maybe it was the seats, or maybe it was just a better set... I think it was a better set. :) Tim Reynolds was on guitar this year, so that was a bit of a treat. Definitely gave some of the normal DMB songs a bit of a different sound when he put his riffs into it. :) Dave did some covers both nights and Saturday night, he got crazy during the encore, dancing around, taking fans hats and putting them on, just crazy stuff (see video below). It was a trip! Definitely a great way to end the night. I think Saturday night was one of my all time favorite DMB shows!


For more pictures, you can go here. I also have some other videos posted on YouTube.

But I have bigger and better news than that... I got a job!! Woo Hoo!! I accepted it, formally, this morning. I don't start for another two weeks, but now I can really feel like this is more of a vacation than unemployment! A very good thing.

I'll be going back to the consulting world - so I won't be traveling like I was before. Kind of a bummer. I really like the traveling. I will be cross training a bit, though, and learning something new. Which is really cool. I'll blog more about it once I start in a couple of weeks. Until then... a little true R & R which, believe it or not, I need! :)

3 comments:

Karen said...

Congratulations on the job!!! Can you e-mail me where you're going, or is it super secret until after you've settled in a bit? I don't mind waiting. :) Yay!!!

Anonymous said...

So exciting you can't even call your sister! Congrats anyway =) Is this going to effect your visit?

Anonymous said...

Yeah we just saw DMB here in Atlanta recently. Was my 5th DMB show and by far the best one. It was a damn good 3 hours!