Friday, July 18, 2008

The BEST!

So yesterday was my birthday (obviously, based on yesterday's post) and though I had nothing major planned, there were a few things here and there, like meeting up with friends at the Rathskeller last night (thanks all - it was fun!). But I ended up having fun little surprises all through the day - a package from my parents, a note from my niece, etc. - it was awesome!

The the best was when I got confirmation that I have the best man in the world in my life! Eric was traveling for work, so I didn't plan on seeing him at all for my birthday. I was a little bummed, but I understood and we were going to celebrate Friday night. So about mid-afternoon, I decided to run my few errands I had to do and I was on my way home when Eric called. He wished me a 'Happy Birthday' and then asked where I was. I said I was on my way home from errands and then asked where he was. "On your front porch," he replied. Of course I didn't believe him - he had a late flight back that night!

But sure enough, I pull in my driveway and there he is, gifts in hand. He hurried up what he had to do and caught a much earlier flight home to surprise me. And that was the best gift of all, I think - I got to spend some unexpected time with him on my birthday. He's too good to me...

Isn't he the best??? :)

1 comment:

Karen said...

Very nice surprise! That one sounds like a keeper! :)