Monday, June 30, 2008

Fishers Freedom Festival

Every year, Fishers celebrates the 4th the weekend before, complete with a parade and fireworks. I've lived in the Town for six years, and never went. Until this year.

I always figured it for more of a family thing. And I was right. Lots of kids, lots of dogs, and lots of teenagers. Yes... teenagers. I guess this is a place they can come with the parents and not be seen with them. It seemed like more of a social gathering for high school girls. There weren't nearly as many teenage boys... do they now know where the girls are?? I don't know.

Anyway... we just walked around a bit on Saturday... grabbed some food, listened to a little Zanna Doo, and people watched. There was plenty of that to do!

On Sunday, I went over to Jen and Tony's to actually watch the fireworks since they live close enough to see them from their neighborhood. That was a good time - just a low key evening with some friends.

So now I can say I've been to Fishers Freedom Fest. It only took me six years to get there, but I finally made it. :)

2 comments:

Wendymples said...

Sorry I missed Jen & Tony's! I was having a pretty low-key night at my boss' house. We could HEAR the fireworks at least!

jhalsey said...

Glad you made it over to our house. It was so nice to see you. Sorry we didn't get to chat too much...it seems I never get to talk to people as much as I want to at events we host!

Be on the lookout....the sparkler bomb video will be on youtube sometime this week!