Thursday, March 27, 2008

Philanthropies...

I don't have a lot of time to "do good" out in the world, with all my traveling, and all. But I do try to give what I can, when I can.

My main philanthropy is Make-A-Wish Foundation. I got involved with them about 3 or 4 years ago and I love it. I don't get to do as much with them as I'd like to right now with my traveling, but when it comes to the weekend opportunities (which are rarer than one would think), I try to get involved. It's really a great organization to be involved with.

Like everyone out there probably, I try to give to Goodwill when I can. I have a HUGE pile at home to give to them right now, as a matter of fact. I need to go through and log it myself though, first, so I can tell them exactly what I'm giving to them!

But my newest one is the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. I signed up this year for the first time. I've been wanting to do it for the past few years. As some of you know, this hits close to home for me since my Mom is a survivor. So I'm looking forward to it (April 19th) and I'm trying to get as many contributions from friends and family as I can in the short time I have. So if you got an email from me looking for support, please think about it. If you didn't get an email (it's probably cause I don't have the correct one) and would like to help me out, please, let me know!

Thanks for the support!! :)

No comments: