Monday, March 31, 2008

I Like Shoes

They are my weakness. They are my joy. They are what makes me feel better after a bad day. They are how I celebrate after a small victory.

They are what will eventually send me into bankruptcy.

Shoes. Wonderful shoes. I never thought I had a lot and I definitely never thought I had anything special. Until I went through my closet for Goodwill. Wow... I have a lot of shoes, even AFTER putting some in the Goodwill box! And there are still some that I've yet to wear. Very sad.

Yes... I have a problem.

I'm happy to say I've worn most of them, though. The few I haven't worn are the really specific occasion ones that I bought on sale because they were too damn cute to pass up for the price. If have ever seen In Her Shoes, there's a scene where Rose and Maggie discuss Rose's shoe collection.

Maggie Feller: Shoes like these should not be locked in a closet! They should be living a life of scandal, and passion and getting screwed in an alleyway by a billionaire while his frigid wife waits in the limo thinking that he just went back into the bar to get his cellphone. These are cute too.
Rose Feller: Please tell me you just made that up.
Maggie Feller: Look, if you're not going to wear them... don't buy them! Leave them for someone who's going to get something out of them.
Rose Feller: I get something out of them! When I feel bad I like to treat myself. Clothes never look any good... food just makes me fatter... shoes always fit.

Wow... it's me and my collection! (Though mine is not nearly as extensive!) But it's true... shoes always fit. Sometimes I wish I had an unlimited shoe budget... there are so many pairs I've passed up because the money just wasn't there. And that's hard for me!

See... I told you I had a problem.

Sure, for everyday wear I have my few pairs that I always go do, which rotates with the seasons, of course. But there's something about wearing that 'other pair' of shoes for a change... they look good, they feel good (well, sometimes they do), and sometimes they just make the outfit. And it's fun to get a compliment now and then... so I guess I do buy some good ones if they're compliment worthy.

Did I mention I have a problem?

Okay... there's my ramblings for the day. I just saw In Her Shoes over the weekend on TV... I need to set up my closet like that - more room and better displaying of the shoes!

*sigh*

I like shoes. A lot! Too much... :)

1 comment:

Karen said...

I feel your pain, girl! I heart shoes, too!