Thursday, October 31, 2013

Trick or Treat?

Halloween 2013. Can't say it was a big one this year. No parties this year... though there wasn't one last year, either. But that's no big deal to me. It just causes me to stress about a costume. But I love getting trick-or-treaters! After living in Fishers for a decade, in a neighborhood full of kids, I started looking forward to handing out candy.

Then I moved downtown. The first year, the weather was decent enough that Eric and I sat outside and handed out candy from our porch. I think we had a total of 4 trick-or-treaters. The following year, it was just me, and it was colder, so I just turned the light on. I think I had maybe two that year. Last year, I got a group of kids near the end of the trick-or-treat hours... so maybe 6 kids. This year. One. One little girl dressed as a pirate in the first fifteen minutes. Granted, Eric made us leave a half-hour before it was officially done, and we saw a big group across the street as we left. But he had promised to stop by an open house.

I have to say, it's a total bummer from what I was used to. I'd go through about two bags of candy in Fishers. Is it because no one want to climb our stairs? No... I think it's just because we don't live in a 'family' neighborhood. Oh, well. I have hope. I see more strollers being pushed around... maybe they'll be old enough next year.

No comments: