Saturday, October 5, 2013

Government Shut Down

Wow.  So our government is shut down now. What exactly is this going to accomplish?

I say nothing. Sure, there will be some debates and eventually it'll re-open. Well, I guess it is just a partial. But then, how much of our government really works anymore, anyway? The part they 'shut down' is solely the part that affects the public. Like websites. For work, I often have to pull up soils maps, something that hasn't changed in CENTURIES! Yet, on Day 2 of the shutdown, when I went to the website, it was down. And right on the page, it said it was because of the shutdown. All because the is a division of the USDA, I couldn't go to the GIS map and find soil types.

The other big component of this shut down? US Parks and Monuments. Again, only affecting the public. I get not being able to go inside something and tour it, but I can't walk up the steps of the Lincoln Memorial? Really??

Now I'm not going to point my finger at one party or another... I still say the whole party system us broke, but no one is will to give up their cush job to do anything about it. It needs to be 100% revamped because these damn politicians no longer know how to be there for the people... they're just puppets for their party. I really despise what our political system has become.  All parties are to blame for this one.

Maybe these politicians will have accomplished something. Maybe they will wake the people of this nation up with this charade and maybe the people will vote out every single congressman and senator at the end of their current terms. Every one of them should be taken out of office after this. Because none of what this shutdown is doing is for the people. It's just the two main parties, of what we call a democracy, too full of themselves to work together on anything that will be good for the people.

The damn system is broke, people. Am I really the only one that sees this so clearly?

No comments: