Thursday, October 24, 2013

Annual SEND Meeting

With Eric's new job, his past association with the Southeast Neighborhood Development Corporation (SEND) stay intact and may have even become more important for prospective partnerships, since they are a CDC, as well. So he stayed on their board, at least for as long as he could handle both. Not a bad thing - there's a lot of good connections there.

Tonight was their annual fundraiser event. We went last year, too - it's kind of fun to get dressed up a bit for a night out. I had to actually meet Eric there, as I had to be in northern Hamilton County until late afternoon at a site and barely made it home in time to change. But I did, and I made it just in time for the event to begin. Out table had a mix of people I knew and didn't know... Eric was trying to play both the role of board member and of Riley Director. So, needless to say, he was running all around. But I'm used to that.

This year was a big deal, though... 30 years for SEND! They had a fun slide show going showing some 'then and now' type pictures. Plus, the even was in the historic Fountain Square Theatre, which is such a beautiful venue!

The event itself, though, didn't seem to go as smoothly as last year. Or maybe it's just because I felt so rushed in the beginning. Or maybe I just wasn't in the mood? But when the speakers spoke, most of the room continued with their own conversations and it was kind of loud. The food was good, though! Especially the red velvet cake we 'won' with our table donation. mmmMmmm LOVE red velvet cake.

No comments: