Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Pumpkin Spice

Is it just me, or is pumpkin spice flavored EVERYTHING overly abundant this year? Was there an explosion of pumpkin farms in recent years. Or did they come up with the perfect pumpkin spice flavoring in a lab somewhere in the past year?

Seriously. I don't really get it. But I've seen it EVERYWHERE already, and in EVERYTHING!

It starts every fall at Starbucks. Maybe they're the cause of this chaos? They hype up the release of the Pumpkin Spice Latte every year, and the past few years it has seemed to be even more hyped. I think last year they even had a contest for certain cities to have it released there early. The 'big release' came as it usually does this year. But then, shortly after, I stared seeing it in everything. Dunkin Donuts does a donut every year, too... no biggy. But Panera has a bagel, too. And I saw a Pumpkin flavored yogurt at one of those self-serve yogurt shops.

Go to the grocery store and it gets crazier!! Pumpkin Spice flavored English muffins, breads, coffee creamers, coffee syrups, Hershey Kisses, M&M's, cookie dough... the list goes on! And then you get out of the food realm and into the scent realm.. how many things can you make smell like pumpkin?!?

Thankfully, I like pumpkin flavored (and scented) stuff. But this overload might kill it for even me! I do believe there is too much of something good. And what does this lead to next? An overload of peppermint at Christmastime? Let's not kill all of the good flavors and scents out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why don't pumpkin seeds taste like pumpkin???