Sunday, November 3, 2013

Will Power

Will Power. Some people have it. Some people don't.

Eric does not. I love him to death, but if there's junk food in the house, he'll find it. And he doesn't know how to stop once he starts. If I don't buy junk food, he'll go out and buy some and eat it. I kid you not, I feel like I need to hide stuff from him and give it to him as a reward for good behavior. Well, maybe not that bad... but I do need to only allow so much in his sight at one time. But that might just be his vice. We all have them

I think I have good will power when it comes to junk food. I can buy a bag of candy and it'll last a month or more. I'll see it in the pantry, but just don't care. My vice is more likely the computer. But even then, it's more of 'once I get on, I can't get off the internet' type of things. If I never get online, I don't feel the need to. Or maybe it's my lack of ability to not procrastinate...

A true test begins today and I start a bit of a cleanse. Eric said he'd do it with me, much to my surprise. But it's only 15 days, and only the first five days are really restricting. All you're really doing is jamming a lot of fruits and veggies into your body in the form of smoothies you make from fresh fruit/veggies, greek yogurt, protein powder, etc. I wouldn't do it if it didn't seem doable like some of the all liquid things out this. This one, you're just taking solid food and 'smoothifying' it. Yes... I just made that word up. I'm looking forward to it.

So we'll see how good my will power really is. And maybe I underestimate Eric's.

No comments: