Sunday, June 30, 2013

Some Girl Time and a Bounce House

If it's one thing I've come to realize since Eric stopped travelling, it's that I actually need to plan 'me time', and especially my 'girl time' with friends. I didn't have to plan all of that so much before... I would just go with the girls when he was out of town and I felt the need, and his time away always turned into 'me time' at nights.

Anyway, I got a little girls' night in last night. It was a low key one, at Jen's house, with Jen and Karla (my cruisemates). We spent the even having some wine, chatting, and preparing for Jen's party. Zac (her 3yr-old) was there, so we couldn't get too carried away. But time in the kitchen with these girls, plus some wine, is always fun! In other words, this isn't the first time we spent an evening like this. There was a lot of laughing and catching up done... it was a good night.

It was back up to Jen's this evening for her Fishers Freedom Fest party. Eric was along this time, as were many others for the event. This year, she did a shrimp boil (obviously more for the adults) and had a bounce house for the kids (or the kids at heart... or the tipsy adults). She lives close enough to all the action of Fishers Freedom Fest that this has become an annual event for her and Tony... and it seems to grow every year, which is understandable. You can walk to the parade and you don't have to go far to see the fireworks over the tree tops (didn't use to have to even leave her driveway!).

So, all in all, it was a good weekend. Still kind of boggling my mind to know that the year is half over... but I guess time flies when you're as busy as I've been!

No comments: