Sunday, June 9, 2013

Facebook - Blah

Maybe it's just me, but I have grown quite bored with Facebook.

Maybe it was my 40 days off during Lent that gave me perspective on things, making me see the light, if you will. But ever since then, I'm just not excited about what I see on there. A lot of agendas are there, whether is be religious, political, or other personal missions. I mainly use is as a way to just post from other sites... sites that give me rewards for posting stuff. Silly, I know. But at least those other sites give me things, like gift cards.

Bottom line is that I just don't want to know that much about people and see that much of their lives. I don't need to know or witness your child's growth by the minute. I don't need to know when you have a friend or relative in the hospital, unless I personally know them as well. I don't want to know about every crappy day you have. And I really don't care about what you ate for dinner.

While I'm just short of saying that I'm completely done with it, there is still one thing I find kind of cool and interesting. I kind of like watching relationships blossom and grow. I've seen so many people get into a relationship, all excited, literally get to see the relation grow into love, and then so many engagements, and even marriages. It's kind of cool. No, it's not Facebook's doing, but it's still cool to witness.

Now, unfortunately, for every relationship flourishing, there's one falling apart. I don't like watching that happen... all the angry words spewed onto Facebook. That's not cool to see. If only there was a way to block the negative crap and only see the positive stuff. But I guess that's just real life. It's not always a happy ending.

So no... I'm not deleting my Facebook account. Not yet, anyway. Probably not ever. But like many already have, the account may go quiet sometime in the future, with the very rare occurrence of a post that's not 'automatic' because of another website. Facebook has just lost it's appeal to me. There so much more 'real life' going on out there that is way more interesting.

No comments: