Sunday, June 23, 2013

Dave Matthews Concerts!

Anyone who knows me, know that I love my Dave Matthews Band. While I can't say I haven't missed a concert, I can say I've been GOING to concerts since 1995. Not quite the beginning, but before he hit his peak, at least. I absolutely love Dave Matthews Band concerts... the live jams are just awesome!

Anyway... this weekend was his concert weekend here in Indy and I went to both shows, as usual. I have to drag Eric to shows, but he tolerates it well. It'd be more fun if he was a fan, but at least he goes and doesn't complain... too much. I'm compromised with him in that we miss the opening act so we're not hanging and waiting too long for the real reason we're there... DMB.

So this year, I feel like Saturday was the better show. I enjoyed Saturday more, anyway. But I'm already seeing contradictory feelings from some things I've read from other people. But hey, to each is his own. He played more songs I liked on Saturday, plus his duet of 'Spoon' with Brandy Carlile (the opening act) was awesome!

I will say this... going to DMB concerts is not the same as it used to be. I have some crazy memories of concerts dating back to college and going with college friends - even going to some post-college concerts with college friends! And it's not just because I've grown older (though that's a big part of it)... but his whole fan base has gotten older. He's not really gaining any younger fans (not that he needs them). It's just interesting, I guess. I still love DMB, and I likely always will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dave who???